Greetings Fellow Odd Fellows and Pledges!
Don’t forget that we have many ways to promote your committee’s events to the membership and to the public. And I’m not even talking about email!
We have our “Odd Fellows of Davis CA #169” closed Facebook group, which is perfect for spreading the news about events and Odd Fellow oddities within the membership of Davis Lodge #169.
Then we have the official “Davis Odd Fellows” Facebook page which will let the public know what great events our lodge is hosting or promoting.
Eventbright has been successful as an online ticket buying/selling program that makes it easy for everyone to get tickets in a timely manner.
My favorite is the Event Calendar on the Davis Odd Fellows website. Every event or activity can be added to the calendar and synced to your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, the calendar is still easy enough to access and use just by going tohttp://davislodge.org/event-calendar/.
If your event is missing from one of these fine applications and you think it should be there, let me know and we’ll get it advertised right away!
1. Beer Tour. The IOOF Beer Tour is scheduled for Sunday, May 15th. We’ll be tasting beer at 3 breweries in West Sac; Yolo Brewing, Jackrabbit, and Bike Dog. The cost will be $20 per person. We need money from all who are going ASAP. You can give cash or checks to either Juelie, Heather, Mary Superak, or Janis. Checks should be made out to Juelie Roggli. The first 35 people to pay will have a seat on the bus. You are not confirmed until you pay.
2. Bingo! Bingo is this Sunday which is also Mother’s Day! Do something nice for your mom and bring her out to support NAMI-Yolo! Do you have any idea how long she was in labor to bring you into this world? You owe her big time!
3. Thursday Live! Thursday Live! is proud to present the Rowan Brothers and Biscuits and Honey. It’s all happening at the Davis Odd Fellows Hall located at 415 2nd Street. Doors open at 7 p.m.; the music starts at 7:30 p.m. Donations for the musicians are greatly appreciated!
4. Picnic Day Float. The 2016 Davis Odd Fellows float entry into the Picnic Day Parade won the Grand Marshal’s Choice Award in the 2016 Picnic Day Parade!!
5. Canceled Meeting. The May 14th Breakfast meeting has been canceled. The next meeting will be on Wednesday, May 25th at 7 p.m.
6. Wine Club. The next Odd Fellows Wine Club gathering will be on Friday, May 20, 7 p.m., at the home of Sharla Cheney and Lewis Kimble. The featured wine will be Old Vine Zinfandel. Bring a bottle to share, and some appetizers to share. All members, pledges, and guests are invited.
7. Odd Theatre, from Ed Lewis. The Theatre Committee is planning our next outing on Sunday, June 26, for a matinee around 2:00pm, ideally in Davis, Woodland, or Winters. We are on the lookout for a great show so let’s all see what is available and let me know what appeals to you. If nothing comes up in the Davis area, we can easily meander to Sacramento. We will see the matinee and have dinner afterward so if you find a show suggest a restaurant too. Please send your ideas by May 15 so I can make a reservation before tickets are sold out. Edemail@example.com.
8. Odd NeedleCrafters. The Odd NeedleCrafters will be meeting from 7-9pm on Monday, May 9, in the Committee Room at the Lodge. Beginner and experienced needlecrafters welcome.
9. MailChimp. MailChimp has changed and emails from this program will be sent using firstname.lastname@example.org. If you didn’t receive this email, please check your spam folder.