Dear Odd Fellows and Pledges,
1. Highway Clean-up. The next litter patrol is this Saturday, April 2nd. Meet at Big 5 at 9 a.m. Contact Sheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help or to get more information.
2. The Davis Rebekahs Present: Bollywood Night! The Davis Rebekahs are hosting a Bollywood fundraiser, happening April 2nd, 2016 at our Davis lodge at 7:00 p.m.! To purchase tickets or for more information please visit their Eventbrite page: https://davisrebekahbollywood.eventbrite.com
Watch an informative interview with Mary Superak and Lea Rosenberg on Davis Media Access: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHXtlxSKa9E
3. Wine Club. Come to the next Wine Club April 8th 7:00 p.m. at the home of Yvonne Clinton, 1529 Notre Dame Drive, Davis 95616. Yvonne has set the theme for the evening. She would like you to choose a bottle of a wine that is new to you – a new varietal, a new label, etc. Bring a nice wine to share with the group. Also, please bring an appetizer or snack to share. Yvonne says she has plenty of wine glasses, but you are invited to bring your own favorite wine glass to use during the wine tasting, if you wish.
4. Yolo Healthy Aging Alliance. On April 3rd from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., there will be a Yolo Healthy Aging Alliance Fundraiser, co-sponsored by our Community Support Committee. For more information visit http://yolohealthyaging.org/
5. Picnic Day Breakfast. The Davis Odd Fellows presents its annual Picnic Day Breakfast April 16th, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. This is a fun family event that goes back for more than 50 years. $5 for all you can eat pancakes, sausages, coffee, juice and oranges.
6. Picnic Day Float. If you are planning on walking in the Picnic Day Parade, please make sure you sign the waiver. For more information please email Janis Rosenberg email@example.com.
7. *CHANGE* Odd Theatre Committee. The next trip to B St. Theater is on April 9th. The show will be “A Masterpiece of Comic… Timing”. https://bstreettheatre.org/a-masterpiece-of-comic-timing/ *7:00 p.m. Dinner will be at Vincent’s Italian Restaurant in West Sacramento and the show follows at 9:00 p.m.* Cost is $30 for a ticket, dinner is separate. If you would like to attend, please RSVP with your payment to Ed Lewis as soon as possible before March 19th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
8. Paint and Sip Class. The Lodge @ Odd Fellows Hall is hosting our first ever “Paint and Sip” class in partnership with Cork it Again! Thursday April 21st @ 6:30pm Upper Hall. (Club Night dinner will be served 15 minutes earlier than usual so both can be enjoyed) $30/person for supplies and materials. Wine prices vary $3.00-$5.00 a glass. Open to Members and their Guests. * Space is limited * Please RSVP ASAP to Allison 530.758.4940 or Allison@rentdavislodge.com
9. Chocolate Festival Committee. The Odd Fellows Chocolate Festival Committee will meet in the Committee Room on Monday, April 4th, at 6 p.m. Any member who is interested in organizing the inaugural Davis Chocolate Festival (planned for November 6) is invited to attend and join the committee in planning this fun event. If you need more information, contact Dave Rosenberg at email@example.com.
10. Davis Odd Fellows Event Calendar. Vice Grand Stewart Savage has upgraded the event calendar on our Davis Lodge website. Google users can add it to their own calendars and everyone can check it out here: http://davislodge.org/event-calendar/
11. Thursday Live! April 7th Thursday Live! will feature Ross Hammond and also The Archetypes. Donations go to the musicians. Doors open at 7 PM; show starts at 7:30.
12. Bingo Committee. Bingo on Sunday April 10th will benefit ALS of Greater Sacramento
13. Odd Fellows Book Club. The first book for the Odd Fellows Book Club is Where the Dead Pause, and the Japanese Say Goodbye: A Journey, by Marie Mutsuki Mockett. The book club will meet to discuss the book on Tuesday April 5th at 6 p.m. For questions, send an email to Heather Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Taste of Davis. Tickets are on sale now for the Seventh Annual “A Taste of Davis”. This event features over 20 Yolo County restaurants, caterers, wineries, breweries, dessert and coffee houses, all under one roof. Guests are free to sample any and all of the food and drink from these purveyors for one low admission price. Tickets are available to the general public at $20 per person and can be obtained from two local vendors: Avid Reader Active in Downtown Davis or Common Grounds in South Davis. Tickets will also be available for purchase on-line starting at 12 noon on March 24 at www.tasteofdavis.eventbrite.com.
15. 4th Tuesday Matinee Group. Keep an eye out for the next Matinee details for April 26th. Anyone can come to any movie–there’s no RSVPs or expectations. We will discuss the movie after it’s over at the lodge committee room. If you’d like to be on the email list to receive notices of this group every month, please email Diane Steele at email@example.com. See you at the movies!
16. Grand Lodge Sessions. The Grand Lodge meets in Modesto for four days starting May 11th. Any three degree member who wishes to attend, will need to fill out the registration form, and bring their membership card showing they are fully paid through December 31, 2016. More details and the registration form can be found here: http://caioof.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/January2016Mailing.pdf
17. Odd Balls. The next “Odd bowlers” bowling outing will take place on Saturday April 2. The time is 11:00am – 2:00pm. The place is Capital Bowl located at 900 West Capital Avenue in West Sacramento (916-371-4200). No need to RSVP. The cost is $5.00 per game (we play 2) and $3.00 for shoe rental. Food and beverages are available for purchase at the alley. If you want to join us at the alley but don’t want to bowl, no worries! There is plenty of seating near the action! This event is open to all levels of bowlers. Scores range from 66 – 289. Tony Pruitt, our own IOOF top bowler, will be on hand to provide bowling tips. Hope to see you there!
18. Odd Fellows of Davis CA #169 Facebook. Please join our closed Facebook group to share the latest events and trends in all things Odd Fellows! Simply search in Facebook for the page name “Odd Fellows of Davis CA #169” then click Join Group.
19. Academic Scholarship Committee Deadline: April 15th. Visit http://davislodge.org/lodge-documents/ for more information and the application, under the heading “Davis Odd Fellows Lodge Scholarship.
20. Golf Committee. The following Odd Golfers have expressed interest in playing: Charles Filmer, John Knotts, Greg Simmons, David Hafter, Chuck White, and Darrell Pereira. Please let Charles know if you wish to be added to the list of players to be notified of activities (firstname.lastname@example.org). Initially, we have scheduled the very odd time of the Wednesday afternoon before the third Thursday of each month to play a round of golf. Other dates and activities (group lessons, driving range, etc) can be proposed.
21. 1000 Mentors for Youth Committee. A new committee has been formed to help youth of all ages access opportunities and reach their potential through connecting withmentors in a variety of situations. For example, Ed Lewis volunteers with the Writing Buddies program that teaches mentors how to help children improve their writing skills. If you are interested, please contact Ed Lewis at email@example.com.