Davis Odd Fellows Lodge Scholarship
The Davis Odd Fellows Lodge #169 is offering academic scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year to active members and dependents of active members of the Lodge.
Application: Application forms are available on the Davis Lodge website, www.davislodge.org, or from the Scholarship Committee Chairman.
- Applicant must be an active member or a dependent of an active member of Davis Lodge #169 for 3 years.
- Applicant must be a college student at an accredited college or university for the 2017-2018 academic year or a student enrolled in a post-secondary certificate program at an accredited trade school. Graduating High School students who have proof of acceptance at either of these institutions may apply.
Application Package: All requested material must be typed or computer generated except for the Application Form, which can be typed, computer generated or printed legibly with black ink. Please do not staple pages together.
- Application Form – Application form must be complete and signed.
- Academic Record – Official transcript of all grades completed is required.
- Applicant’s Letter – Discuss your goals, background, and your reason for choosing the particular course of study that you are presently enrolled or will pursue. Limited to two typed or computer generated pages.
- Photo of Applicant – Submit photo (with name on back) for publicity only.
Renewal: Scholarships are not renewable.
Disbursement of Scholarship: Successful applicants will be notified on or about May 15, 2017. Scholarship winners will be invited as guests to the May 24, 2017 evening meeting of Davis Lodge #169 to receive a certificate. Funds will be disbursed at that meeting or mailed afterwards upon receiving proof of enrollment. Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, books, or other school related expenses. If the scholarship recipient withdraws from school or does not attend for any reason, the balance of the scholarship grant funds must be returned to the Davis Odd Fellows Lodge #169 Treasurer.
Deadline: The complete Application Package including Application Form, Official Transcripts, Applicant’s Letter and photo must be sent in one packet to the Davis Lodge #169 Scholarship Chair, post-marked no later than April 15, 2017. Application packages can be submitted by one email to email@example.com. Send the completed package to:
IOOF Davis Lodge #169
Scholarship Committee Chair
415 2nd Street
Davis, CA 95616