Just a quick reminder that our annual Dedicated Members for Change (DMC) Dinner is coming up in two months, and now is the time to reserve your seat(s) at a special discounted price.
To date, we have received over $2,500 in donations from Members and Lodges, to help defray the cost of this event! We will provide the names of these generous donors in future DMC Newsletters. (If you wish to help subsidize the cost of this event, we would welcome your donation. And thank you.)
We are pleased to announced that at this year’s Grand Lodge Sessions, Dedicated Members for Change will hold its Third Annual Dinner. This year the event will be held, conveniently, on site at the Grand Lodge Hotel – the Doubletree. Please save the date: Thursday, May 16, 2013. Plan to RSVP and to come by for some relaxation and social time, a great buffet dinner, and some live entertainment. This will be the event you want to attend on Thursday evening at Grand Lodge Sessions! The evening will start with no-host cocktails and libations from 5 to 6 p.m., then a buffet dinner from 6 to 7 p.m., and then a few short speeches and live entertainment to round out the evening.
The buffet dinner menu is superb:
- Romaine & Spinach with Red Onion, Mushrooms, Fried Prosciutto and Goat Cheese
- Arugula Salad with Fresh Strawberries, Candied Walnuts, Gorgonzola and Walnut Vinaigrette
- Dungeness Crab and Bay Shrimp Penne Pasta Salad
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad with Feta Cheese, Dried Fruits, Fresh Herbs and Olive Oil
- Pan Seared BBQ Free Range Chicken with Peach Compote & Candied Pecans and Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- Soy Ginger Flank Steak with Teriyaki Sauce and Crispy Fried Onions
- Lemon Pepper Grilled Tilapia with Caper Sauce and Lemon
- Basmati Rice with Fresh Dill, Seasonal Fresh Vegetables, Artisan Rolls and Sweet Cream Butter
- Blueberry Cheesecake and Luscious Lemon Bars
This event is open to members of the Order and their guests. Because of generous donations from members of the Order and Lodges, we are able to subsidize the cost of this event for the first 100 who RSVP’s. For those first 100 RSVP’s, the cost is a remarkable and reasonable $25 per person (please note that the hotel is charging us $54 for just the dinner alone – so this is a huge bargain for those first 100). And on top of that, we will feature live entertainment at the event – a cabaret-style performance by “Frankie and the Fabletones” performing music you enjoy from the 1940’s, 1950’s, 1960’s and 1970’s. They put on a great show for the eyes and the ears.
RSVP and send your checks in now. Checks should be made payable to “Dave Rosenberg” and the memo line of the check should read: “DMC Dinner”. Please also include a list of the names of the members of your party. Mail your check to:
Odd Fellows Lodge
415 Second Street
Davis CA 95616
We expect 150 attendees at this annual dinner, including Grand Master Rod Metoyer and Deputy Grand Master Rick Boyles, as well as many leaders in our Order.